EDUCATION AND TRAINING
FOR SELF ADVOCATES
Whenever possible, we utilize community services for training and provide resources needed by self-advocates to be successful.
Below is a list of some courses we currently offer or support people in attending:
- Social skills: facilitated by Hale Autism
- Dealing with Anxiety: facilitated by Anxiety Disorder Association of Manitoba (ADAM)
- Food Handlers: we have various trainers for this course
- Computer skills: facilitated by the Selkirk and District Community Learning Center
- Math: facilitated by the Selkirk Friendship center
- English: facilitated by the Selkirk Friendship center
- Essential skills: facilitated internally
For more information on the education and training resources we offer for staff and families, visit Education and Training Overview.