We know that choosing a residential support service for a family member can be a very overwhelming experience and requires a trusting relationship and lots of time.
Our goal is to work with families to develop the best home possible and to complete a transition that allows everyone to feel comfortable and secure in their choices.
We ask all families to investigate all community options before deciding on a service provider so you are confident and secure in your decision.
Community Living Selkirk strives to help families find the most suitable option for their family member. We will work with you and your family to develop a home that works for you.
Planning should start at least 5 years prior to desired move date.
The list below is a general summary of options.
- 24 hour supports/supervision
- Shared home with private bedroom space
Supported Independent Living
- 20 hours of support per week
- Staff assists with banking/shopping/meal prep depending
- One on one home setting for individuals who require specialized supports
--> Next Steps
To learn more, please schedule an appointment to talk about what you want and we will provide more information on all available supports.
Timeline for Transition Planning
Funding for residential supports is not guaranteed and can take anywhere from 5-10 years to obtain. Having clear plans and supports for the interim and future is important to maintain a healthy family.
If you choose Community Living Selkirk as your agency of choice for residential supports, we will:
- Develop a residential plan that includes transition planning
- Create a funding proposal and submit to Government
- Meet with Government and family to advocate for services, transition plans and funding
- Once transition plans are approved by Government we can provide transitional respite supports
- Provide emotional supports throughout the process